[mythtv] MythTV 0.15 Port for FreeBSD

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon May 31 18:26:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 09:18:04PM -0500, Stacey Son wrote:

> My MythTV 0.15 port for FreeBSD is now available at
> http://mythtv.son.org/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=1
>
> While most everything seems to work (recording, playback, live tv, etc)
> this is a preliminary port:

I had a look at your patches:

patch-NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp
  This seems to just wrap everything with #ifdef USING_IVTV with another
  #ifdef for FreeBSD, which is unnecessary.  Instead, don't define
  USING_IVTV in settings.pro.

patch-RingBuffer.cpp
  There already exists a generic macro which implies the availability of
  fdatasync, standardized by POSIX.  I committed a change to use it, so
  this patch should no longer be necessary.

patch-autoexpire.cpp, patch-encoderlink.cpp
  Linux is the weird one here; most everything else does it the same way as
  FreeBSD.  I committed a change which reflects this, so this should no
  longer be necessary either.

patch-channel.cpp, patch-fifowriter.cpp
  Can you explain these?  Why doesn't it work on FreeBSD as-is?

patch-filldata.cpp, patch-filtermanager.cpp, patch-main.cpp
  These apply to all platforms; committed without #ifdefs

patch-ivtv-ext-api.h
  Not sure what to do about this yet.

patch-mainserver.cpp
  hunk 1: should be the same for linux; commited without #ifdefs
  hunk 2: statfs again; fixed in the same way as the others
  hunks 3-4: why does this thread need such a huge stack?  maybe there is a
             better way to fix it

--
 - mdz