[mythtv] MythContext

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sat May 29 13:51:18 EDT 2004

Hi

There seems to be a bit of redundancy and some odd logic (by which I
mean I don't understand it!) in MythContext when initialising.
(eg GetNumSetting("GuiWidth")  and GuiHeight are called 3 times)

There are some bits that seem to be bugs but may be intentional.
eg:
in MythContextPrivate::Init
m_height and m_width are zero'ed unless it's a gui. And later
d->m_height && d->m_width is used to test if there's a gui running.
Yet this zeroing is overridden by settings GuiWidth, GuiHeight. Couldn't
this cause a problem for eg mythfilldata?
Is this intentional?

Would it be worth sending in a patch that cleans this up?

David