[mythtv] Re: LIBVERSION = 0.15.0.99?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat May 29 03:49:56 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 03:03:23AM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Saturday 29 May 2004 02:39 am, Henk Poley wrote:

> > > The libversion changes when the library changes in an incompatible way,
> > > not before.
> > >
> > > Also, I'm having second thoughts about you packing CVS versions -- check
> > > the users list about people insisting they're running 0.15 when they're
> > > using a CVS package of yours from 3 weeks ago.
> >
> > Uhm, maybe that's exactly why he asked for extra versioning?
>
> No, try reading his email.  He's asking for extra versioning to make making up
> a package name easier for his CVS rpms.

Well, to be honest Henk is quite right. ;)
http://lists.atrpms.net/pipermail/atrpms-users/2004-May/000486.html

> > btw Axel, doesn't RPM have some -pre moniker?
>
> Right, and people have still been saying they're running 0.15 for months.  It
> doesn't work.

A 0.14.99 version would have helped, so I'd still propose, if there is
no drawback, to use interim versioning. It doesn't need to be bumbed at
every cvs commit or similar. Probably only need attention at the
beginning and end of a developmeent cycle (e.g. 0.15.0.9 now and
shortly before the next release 0.15.99)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net