[mythtv] Mythmusic 0.15 segfault

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Sat May 29 00:36:29 EDT 2004

On Sat, 29 May 2004, Isaac Richards wrote:

> I'd just stick a:
>   cout << filename.local8bit() << endl;
> before the call to fopen or whatnot.  Easier than trying to convince gdb to
> run the QString bits.

 If I print 'filename.local8Bit' - (note capital B!), I get 'incomplete
type'. Maybe I need Qt build with debug turned on to get that to work?

 Ok, cout prints a filename. However, the filename printed does not
include the special character in the filename--thus the fopen / fstat
fails. The file is on a Samba share and the filename actually contains
special characters. If I view it with windows network neighborhood the
filename appears correctly, but the local8Bit() maps it to something
without the special characters.