[mythtv] calling the scheduler

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu May 27 13:19:27 EDT 2004

John Patrick Poet wrote:
> Oops, I meant "that *should* work".
>
> Unfortunately, it does not.  Myth thinks the show is still being
> actively recorded.  In this state, "selecting" the show in the "Fix
^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Schedule" screen, only brings up two options:
>
> 1) OK
> 2) Edit Options
>
> The choice of "Don't record", is not an option.
>
> I tried choosing "Edit Options", and then "Do not record", but that has
> no affect.

Ah, 'don't plan to record this' has no meaning when it is already
recording. Too late ;-). For a record in progress, go to Watch or
Delete Recordings, press "I"nfo and choose "Stop Recording". I
believe the episode will not be marked as recorded if you do the.
To be sure, delete with the option to allow recording again. Maybe
the override buttons page should include Stop Recording for shows
in progress but it's more a recorded file kind of thing.

It will not start a lower priority show in progress in it's place,
however, if you stopped a 7:00-8:00 show in the first half hour, it
could start another 7:30 show on that card.

--  bjm