[mythtv] Developing mythtv

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed May 26 09:17:43 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 15:41, Miguel Beccari wrote:
> I do not want to be boring... and I' like to receive answers, so: I
come from
> win32 (delphi) but I wrote lots of applications for Linux. Thoose were
plain
> C, no GUI applications. Read 'vim' rules at all.
> I think Borland Delphi IDE is very well done to manage GUI. It is a
RAD.
> At this point you can see my question.
>
> I'd like to learn libqt contributing - if possible - to Myth project.
>
> How do you work? What IDE? How do you write designs?
>
> Point me to some where...
>
> Regards,
>
> Miguel

There's no official IDE... I believe most of the primary developers just
use a text editor and an xterm; I know I do.  You're free to use an IDE
you'd like, but I'm afraid you're probably out of luck when it comes to
GUI design.  Qt has a nice GUI RAD tool in Qt Designer, but since Myth
has so many custom UI classes, it would be of little use (unless
somebody wanted to develop custom Myth widget plugins for Designer... I
have some experience with this; it would require quite a bit of work
for relatively little benefit).

KDevelop & anjuta seem to be the popular IDEs for KDE & GNOME,
respectively.

-JAC