[mythtv] Developing MyhTV

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed May 26 04:38:10 EDT 2004

Miguel Beccari wrote:

> I do not want to be boring... and I' like to receive answers, so: I
> come from win32 (delphi) but I wrote lots of applications for Linux.
> Thoose were plain C, no GUI applications. Read 'vim' rules at all.
> I think Borland Delphi IDE is very well done to manage GUI. It is a RAD.
> At this point you can see my question.
>
> I'd like to learn libqt contributing - if possible - to Myth project.

Have you been to http://www.trolltech.com/ ?
Download and install qt3 and qt3 dev stuff (headers, docs etc)
Qt comes with some excellent tutorials - do them first. Myth probably
isn't the place to learn qt (it's not exactly your typical qt application)

> How do you work?

> What IDE?

No IDE, CVS and commandline.

> How do you write designs?

None that I know of - I'm starting by reading the source.

> Point me to some where...

Is that enough?

> PS: I already have got some patches. Where to commit them?

The pointers I gave you should let you find the process out...

David