[mythtv] Which one first -- movie listings or extended weather

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 25 17:13:04 EDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 12:44, David Shay wrote:
> Well, it looks like the movie listings service I ran into was not
supposed
> to be public and has since been taken down...  I have questions in to
> determine when/if that will be made a public service.  Looked quite
nice,
> with extensive XML info...  Might only ever be part of a commercial
offering
> though.
>
> In the meantime, it looks like it will be enhanced-mythweather...

I've always wondered what kind of feed Apple was using for its
'Sherlock' movie listings component.  I wonder if we could sniff it...
AFAIK, it's publicly available, inasmuch as you don't need an account
or anything to use it via Sherlock.  I imagine there's an implicit
"free for users of MacOS or OS X" in there, but...

IIRC, their data comes from MovieFone.com

-JAC