[mythtv] DVB Network Information (was: DVB Development - Code forhelp in debugging)

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Tue May 25 11:23:12 EDT 2004

>> > You should see a list of transports available.  Keep in mind you need
>> > to tune your DVB card first.
>>
>> 	This is a little bit more problematic in Australia.
>> We have one transponder per network, so we would need to
>> do this pre-tuning five times for our five free-to-air
>> networks.
>
> Are you saying that the different networks don't link to each other? Now that
> is just plain stupid, and breaks the idea of the Network Information Tables.
> The NIT comes in two versions, one witch should describe the current network
> and another wich should describe other networks.
>
> Please make a dump of those tables by:
> 	- Download and install a copy of this tool; http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/.
> 	- for each transponder:
> 		- tzap to the transponder
> 		- dvbsnoop 0x10 -f 0x40 -m 0xff -n 1 >> outfile
> 		- dvbsnoop 0x10 -f 0x41 -m 0xff -n 1 >> outfile
> 	- pack up the output and send it to me (and Tylor?)
>
> dvbsnoop will wait forever if the tables is not transmitted, so wait about 30s
> - 1 min, and if nothing happens, just cancel it.
>
> Now amongst those that is really broken is Viasat 5w, because they transmit a
> NIT table on 0x40 (actual network), which contains transponders on 13e/19e.
> So just be aware of this fact when this scanning program is implemented.
> I have attached the output from dvbsnoop on viasat 5w table 0x40.

I am in Puerto Rico right now, and don't have much time currently to look at my code (so far the
only Internet Access I can get is at work).  I don't know if I am pulling the 0x41 tables now that
I think about it.  Take a look at the "mythscan.c" code I wrote, and if this is the case then make
it pull te 0x41 table and see if this fixes the problem.

If I can get my GPRS to work tonight here I will log back in and take a look at my code.