[mythtv] Issues with CVS (5/24)

Dan Berger dan at theidiots.org
Tue May 25 01:58:15 EDT 2004

Since Isaac is planning on a new release soon, I figured that besides
submitting a 2 line patch, I could also list some of the big problems I've
encountered in upgrading from .14 to latest CVS that other users might
encounter.

The biggest issues:

* When the backend goes down during a recording the recording doesn't get
stopped. Instead, it gets restarted. This means that if you restart the
backend five times during a recording, you will have 5 recordings happening
at once.

* Recent code that does hdtv signal checking submitted by Daniel Thor
Kristjansson causes MythTV to execute the channel change command twice and
messes up the channel.

Patch: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/68542
Temp. Fix: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/69321
(reportedly messed up record livetv function)

* Deleting and stopping a recording takes much longer than it used to. Yes,
I'm using ext3 but still...

Hope that helps the devs,