[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon May 24 21:16:26 EDT 2004

> >High - The flagging is run full-throttle.  NO nice(19) and NO sleeping.  The
> >	faster your CPU is, the faster the flagging will finish.
> >

> Hmm
>
> You're talking about running io intensive operations on a remote box: on
> my backend system (PVR350, athlon 1800+, KT600, kernel 2.6.4) I have
> problems running remote I/O intensive activities whilst Myth is recording.
>
> I haven't bottomed it out yet.
>
> I suspect that putting a very high I/O load (nfs, disk io, 100Mb
> network) on the mythbackend is causing ivtv to fail.

I haven't seen any problems other than slow hardware. :)  My setup is
currently as follows:

master backend on P2-450 w/ 3 AVerMedia M179 cards

(occasional) slave backend on Athlon 1333 w/ PVR-250 card (I used this system
	without the PVR-250 setup in Myth for testing the remote flagging)

main frontend on Celerra-466

nfs/mysql server on Athlon 700 (all Myth datafiles stored here)

Only problems I have are on the "slow" nfs/mysql server occasionally when
I'm recording 2-3 things, flagging a show or two and watching something.

--

Chris