[mythtv] Data Direct with multiple lineups

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon May 24 13:20:37 EDT 2004

Steve Winslow wrote:
> I've been working with a recent copy of MythTV from CVS, trying
> to get the DataDirect downloads working.  I'm anxious to get
> this working before my current guide data runs out.
>
> I have my Zapit account configured with the two cable lineups
> I use.  Each cable lineup has unique content.
>
> Retrieve Lineups in the Video Lineup section of the setup program
> seems to work OK, however, after retrieval, I only have one
> choice available in the Data Direct Lineup dropdown, so I'm

Or so it may appear ;-). "Dropdown" turns out to be a clue...

> unable to create a unique Video Source for each lineup to associate
> to specific tuners.
>
> I've looked through the last month's mythtv-commits list, I've been
> reading the mythtv-dev list archive, and I've not yet found anything
> dealing with this issue.  Google doesn't seem to have
> anything (yet) on MythTV with multiple lineups and Data Direct.
>
> Is this a 'feature' or a known bug?

Neither. It a new issue since you appear to be the first person
to see and report this.

> For reference, here are my lineups from tv_grab_na_dd:
>
>     mythtv at videoserv:~$ tv_grab_na_dd --list-lineups
>     using config filename /home/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_na_dd.conf
>
>     **WARNING** Password in config file, protect as required
>
>     Fetching from DataDirect
>         Fetched 87 k/bytes in 3 seconds
>     Lineup ID|Postal|Type |OrigID |Device |Location
>     TX53294:A|75081 |Cable|Comcast|Cable A|Plano
>     TX53294:B|75081 |Cable|Comcast|Cable B|Plano
>     mythtv at videoserv:~$

Good to see that it reports both and thanks for including the
zipcode so I could try this...

> When selecting Video Sources under setup, I only get one
> choice in the drop down for Data Direct Lineup:
>     Comcast - Cable
>
> Even though I have two lineups configured in Zapit.
>
> I went ahead and defined two Video Sources, even though they
> both use the only lineup selection I have.
>
> Then, in mysql, I see this:
>
> mysql> SELECT sourceid,name,lineupid FROM videosource;
> +----------+-------------------+-----------+
> | sourceid | name              | lineupid  |
> +----------+-------------------+-----------+
> |        1 | Comcast - A Cable | TX53294:B |
> |        2 | Comcast - B Cable | TX53294:B |
> +----------+-------------------+-----------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
> mysql>

Okay. I have "Cox Communications-Cable" and a second lineup for
"Cox Communications-CableDigital" I believe we are allowed up
to four lineups so I added lineups for zipcode 75081 "Comcast -
Plano - Cable A" and "Comcast - Plano - Cable B".

Next I ran "setup" to retrieve lineups. The  "Data Direct Lineup"
box said "Cox Communications-Cable". Right arrow "Cox
Communications-CableDigital". Right arrow "Comcast-Cable". Right
again is "Comcast-Cable" again(!) then "Cox Communications-Cable".

So, there really are two "Comcast-Cable" but if I didn't have
anything else in the list, right arrow would appear as if it
was staying on the same item.

Try this. Move your mouse around the screen until you see the
combobox slightly highlighted. Click the left mouse button so
that the dropdown appears. I suspect you'll see two items. I see:

"Cox Communications-Cable"
"Cox Communications-CableDigital"
"Comcast-Cable"
"Comcast-Cable"

So I guess there needs to be a little more information
for cases like this to make the distinction between TX53294:A
and TX53294:B .

--  bjm