[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun May 23 11:56:58 EDT 2004

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
> >Theoretically with this, I think you could setup a dedicated commercial
> >detection backend on a machine by running a copy of mythbackend with
> >no TV cards defined on that server.
> >

> Which is exactly how I plan to use it.

You might like another feature I added then as well.  There will be a new
setting to give you a little control over how much CPU the flagging threads
use.  It has 3 values:

Low - this is the existing way and default setting.  The flagging is run
	in a niced thread and sleeps a little after processing each frame to
	make sure it doesn't cause problems with anything currently recording.

Medium - The flagging is run in a niced thread but doesn't sleep any so it
	will run faster than "Low" but isn't as nice to other processes since
	it doesn't voluntarily give up CPU time by sleeping.

High - The flagging is run full-throttle.  NO nice(19) and NO sleeping.  The
	faster your CPU is, the faster the flagging will finish.

--

Chris