[mythtv] Transcoding of DVB-T recording expands the file

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Fri May 21 14:27:13 EDT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:58:15 -0400 (EDT), "Daniel Thor Kristjansson
danielk at cat.nyu.edu {MythTV}"
<ticket_74af3df8989ff0e816df78db7590a205 at phracturedblue.com> said:
> From the reading I've been doing on MPEG-2... GOPs are not required for
> a valid stream, they are only a requirement in MPEG-1. Which means we
> can't depend on hardware encoders or ATSC/DVB output to always contain
> GOPs.
You are right, and Myth doesn't rely on them.  However, the transcoder
does rely on them, and fixing that isn't one of my priorities as it
complicates the processing quite a bit (the whole mpeg2trans probably
needs either a significant amount of work or to be rewritten).

.Geoff