[mythtv] PATCH Potential DataDirect icon solution

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu May 20 17:08:44 EDT 2004

> Hmm..  I suppose.  Is the goal to make some web site where mythtv
> users share this information?

My goal was to produce a mapping file that got you most of the way there, if
it were kept in CVS with myth we could update it over time. Initially I was
thinking web site but it seems like too much work to maintain (vs
occasionally merging in changes people send).

> I don't see what's so bad with this?  It only happens once, when you
> set up the channel lineup.  It's certainly not something that needs to
> happen every day like pulling down the channel lineup data.  And xmltv
> already has the code to do it.  If nothing else it would be a good way
> to "prime the pump" and start building the mappings, no?

With a simpler mapping, say just call sign to icon URL, then yes the
existing xmltv icon grabber would be a good automated source. Introducing
the network intermediate mapping makes it easier to do manually but harder
with the grabber as it has no "network" knowledge.

--
Anduin Withers