[mythtv] Development of MythTV

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Thu May 20 05:40:07 EDT 2004

Op donderdag 20 mei 2004 01:57, schreef J. Donavan Stanley:
> Henk Poley wrote:
> > not in any way related to that) I have the following question.
>
> That "troll" was me.    Instead of asking someone who might actually
> know what to put on that page you made  up your own list and  top it off
> you were giving flat wrong information.  I removed your wish list a few
> times, and tried get it into your head why I was removing it.

Ah, thank you for stepping forward, it's always good to know who you are
talking to.

May I then ask you why I shouldn't think someone is a troll when he/she
changes a list to this: (?)
---
* Subscribe to mythtv-dev and review it's archive.
* Ask the core team how you might be of assistance.
* Squash bugs
* Squash bugs
* Squash bugs
* Find your itch and scratch it.
---

Wikis are about about collaboration, people violating that are most of the
time just kids who think it's fun to break websites. I had no other info than
that. You could have put up a little comment that you think the content was
out of place or something, and then when others agreed it would be moved or
deleted. Even just moving stuff right away is okay most of the time, as long
as it is still accessible in a reasonable way.

And sorry, your later comments didn't really convince me of non-trolling. It
was just bashing the ideas of others. You were not telling any reason for
your behaviour, in spite that of me asking for that.

> If you'd like to start a user wish list page on the wiki for folks to
> look over for development ideas by all means do so.  Just label it as
> such, instead of pretending your list of tasks reflects the goals of any
> of the people who regularly contribute code to MythTV.

You could have just done that yourselfm, why didn't you create a page like
that and moved the stuff there? It is done now by someone else. btw, I hadn't
the intention to create a "list of tasks reflects the goals of any of the
people who regularly contribute code to MythTV." Nor did I put up the stuff
you had fallen over. I'm mostly defending others.

	Henk Poley <><

PS: I will stop beating this dead horse. Sorry I didn't know the 'together' in
open source ended at the individual ego.