[mythtv] RE: Mythweb locale (localised date and timeformat)

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Tue May 18 00:29:13 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Alright, please bear with me as I'm little confused as to what I
> should> put where.  The env.php file provided the following
> (slightly edited):
> > [HTTP_HOST] => fake.zapto.org
> > [SERVER_NAME] => 127.0.0.1
>
> ok, this is a symptom of a misconfigured apache..  When you enabled
> canonical names in apache, you should also have given it a name
> (searchfor servername in httpd.conf).  In the best world, both
> HTTP_HOST and
> SERVER_NAME should be the same and should bother be set to
> fake.zapto.org (conf.php defines them in an either-or sence since
> sometimes one is defined but the other isn't).
>
> If you set 127.0.0.1 as the cookie domain, then your browser will lock
> the cookie so that only localhost can view it (not a good thing).

Setting the SERVER_NAME in httpd.conf to fake.zapto.org allowed me to
save the settings.  Thanks for the help and explanation for what was
happening, you were very patient and I appreciate it.

Do you think that the day of the week should be included in at least
a few of the default time settings?  I find it particularly convenient
in the Listing Time Key.

Thanks,
Bob C