[mythtv] channel changes

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Mon May 17 20:14:18 EDT 2004

    Damion> Which type of 'crashing' are you experiencing?

Go to change the channel, and the screen freezes (on the previous
channel) and nothing happens.

If I look at the logs I see errors along the lines of "timeout error".

    Damion> The most common channel change problem I have (on my nova
    Damion> dvb-t card), is when you change a channel and then the new
    Damion> channel stutters, and eventually pauses.  exiting back to
    Damion> the menu, and restarting tv fixes this.  I believe this
    Damion> was investigated a few weeks ago, and possibly could be an
    Damion> audio bitrate change problem.

No stuttering. Freeze happens immediately.

    Damion> I seem to notice that more australians have tuning
    Damion> problems with the DVB cards.  is this because there a
    Damion> larger percentage of us using digital tv here, rather than
    Damion> analogue, or is there something different in our
    Damion> broadcasting that causes problems for us that the rest of
    Damion> the world doesn't seem to have.

I can't answer this. In my case though, it seems to be a competition
between my PVR350 and Nova-T card, which one can cause the most
inconvenience :-(.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>