[mythtv] channel changes

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Mon May 17 18:39:47 EDT 2004

Hello,

As stated before, when changing channels, MythTV has a higher then
normal probability of "crashing". This is both for watching TV live
and recording shows. If it crashes when trying to record a show, I get
nothing recorded, not even enough to generate a thumbnail for the
recording.

For PVR350, this causes the "card" to crash, and the /dev/.. device is
no longer available (I use devfs and it seems to get removed
automatically). I have to reboot in order to get things working again.

For Nova-T DVB input I cannot use any DVB input until I tune to a
channel with tzap, then it all works again flawlessly. This would seem
to indicate to me that the channel changing code in MythTV is
incomplete or buggy compared with tzap.

What can I do to debug these issues?

I don't think gdb trace output is going to help, as the hang would
appear to be a symptom of the problem (not being able to tune), not
the cause. I think all that the gdb trace would show is that the
problem is elsewhere.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>