[mythtv] RE: Mythweb locale (localised date and timeformat)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon May 17 16:11:37 EDT 2004

> I added 'UseCanonicalName on' to my httpd.conf file as indicated in
> conf.php and restarted apache however it didn't make a difference.

This definitely sounds like a cookie problem.  You also set the cookie
domain in conf.php?  The default values SHOULD work to autodetect based
on the server name, but maybe you should put an IP address in instead of
a name (unless you access the server by name).

Grab this file and drop it into your mythweb tree:

http://forevermore.net/env/env.php.txt

remove the txt extension and access it.  Then check to see that the
$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] and/or $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] variables match up
with what you're using to access your mythweb box.

> In php_sessions I have about twenty eight files, all with today's date,
> and seven were created just the last time I tried saving the settings.
> I've only accessed mythweb with one browser today.  I assume it is
> OK to delete these files?  Is there anything else I can look at to
> fix this?

Yeah, you can wipe them out as needed, nothing will break even if the
sessions are working properly.

-Chris