[mythtv] mythfilldatabase problem

softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net
Sat May 15 07:54:22 EDT 2004

No coder here...but I'm finding a problem with how CVS mythfilldatabase
handles updating with DataDirect.

I'm finding that I'm ending up with very few of the channels reporting
back content some days.  For three or four days in the next week, half or
more of the channels list "NO DATA" in mythfilldatabase.  (Those days I
have listings for only 23 out of 64 channels.)

The problem is, I assume, that mythfilldatabase is satisfied if it gets
any data at all for the day.  And there doesn't appear to be a way to tell
mythfilldatabase to get the listings for those days again until only a
couple of days ahead of time.

It's hard for mythtv to do any sensible scheduling for multiple showings
when it only gets the data for half the days of the schedule for most
stations.

I'm not sure what the best way is to fix that.

- ease up by a day in how far ahead mythfilldatabase looks for program
info? (though I don't like to see loss of data that is there, and perhaps
it won't always be enough -- will DD provide fewer days ahead during, say,
a holiday weekend, when they may not have as many staff on?)

- an ability to use mythfilldatabase and the internal DD grabber to get a
specified single day's programming

- an ability to completely refresh the listings for all days for which
data is available (I include this only for completeness of the list of
options, knowing of Isaac's reasons why this is not a good idea)

To my mind, that ability to get a specified single day would be great...

Or are there tools available to help me do what I want now (and I'm just
not aware of them)?

Scott Rollins
softsecure at vivace.homelinux.net