[mythtv] scheduler bug with multiple cards

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu May 13 05:40:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've noticed that the backend doesn't make the best use of multiple
cards on the same source. Let me explain:

I have two cards with the same source:

mysql> select cardinputid,cardid,sourceid from cardinput;
+-------------+--------+----------+
| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid |
+-------------+--------+----------+
|           9 |     10 |        3 |
|          10 |     11 |        3 |
+-------------+--------+----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I'm watching live TV, with the other card idle. I get to a certain time
and a recording is due to start. Myth prompts me to switch to the
recording or abort the recording etc.

However, it could have just started the recording on the other card
and I could've happily kept watching live TV.

Similar: I have Myth set to start recording 3 minutes before the
scheduled time and finish 10 minutes after. When I have back to
back recordings (but not two at the same time), Myth skips the
postroll. It could have started the second recording on the other
card. Our TV stations run shockingly late here (typically 5-8 minutes)
so the postroll is essential!

I'm running CVS from a couple of days ago.

Thanks,
Hamish