[mythtv] i've put ebuilds for cvs version of myth andassociated modules up on the web

Ben de Luca (bedel) bend at bedel.mine.nu
Tue May 11 19:05:39 EDT 2004

Unless the qmake files or the configure script have changed, I havnt
seen that in the last month or so whilst I have been using but I guess
they will change.

though make install implies make so you have one shorter line.

when I want to install every module I uses (music, video ) ,  I cd to
the directory above each and type

for DIR in `ls -1`
do
cd $DIR
cvs update
make install
cd ..
done

if you want you can stick a qmake in there :) and a configure.

On 12/05/2004, at 6:08 AM, Simon Kenyon wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 14:40, Ben de Luca (bedel) wrote:
>> cvs update; make install
>>
>> its not that hard
>
> i have to say that while it is not hard - it *is* tedious and error
> prone
>
> it is:
>
> cvs update
> ./configure (in some cases)
> qmake
> make
> make install
>
> this is all repeated 9 times
>
> and if in doubt i delete my local cvs copy and then i have to edit
> settings.pro 9 times
>
> so i have to say that emerge myth-cvs is a whole lot easier
>
> and as i said in my email - this was for me
> it is not like i'm distributing binaries
>
> regards
> --
> simon

>>> Whilst I don't think anyone can argue with this point, the e-builds
>>> could
>>> still be useful. I for 1 am more than capable of using CVS. I'm not
>>> running
>>> the latest, but that's cos I'm lazy. This is where the e-builds look
>>> great
>>> (although Ive not tried them), if I can upgrade to the latest CVS
>>> with
>>> just