[mythtv] tv_grab_au script using Development One's XMLTV Web Service

Mathew O'Brien mathew.obrien at tait.com.au
Mon May 10 23:16:37 EDT 2004

Hi All,
Info for Australian XMLTV grabber...
Along the lines of what David Conn from Development One was discussing a month or so back, I've setup a XMLTV grabber using their XMLTV Service at http://d1.com.au/D1xmltv.asmx.
I took their tv_grab_au script V1.19 2004/04/08 from their hmc_update_1_0_11.iso tarball.
I've mod'ed various parts of it till I got it to work for me.

Some bits may still be broken.  I've only checked it for F0xtel analogue and FTA region Brisbane.  Also the icon date checking stuff does not work yet.  One thing at a time.

David C @ D1 did say this "note: the EPG data is only for New South Wales and Victoria at this stage, it will be national soon.".  I have found that it is working for Brisbane FTA, so I guess they are adding support for more regions as they go.

Also the data for the FTA Standard/HighDef digital channels does not seem to exist yet.  That I don't really care about as I don't have FTA digital receiver yet :(.

Here's the questions.  Does anybody interested in Australian EPG data want to give the script a go?

Mathew O'Brien.
(Newcomer to mythtv).