[mythtv] [patch] duplicate checking using programid

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon May 10 22:18:09 EDT 2004

David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 04:27:52PM -0500, David Engel wrote:
> Done, however, please double check the SQL change for me.  It's
> entirely non-obvious.  It might be slower, but an SQL code snippet
> instead of the large boolean expression would prbably be clearer.

"    record.dupmethod > 1 AND "
"    program.title = oldrecorded.title "
"     AND "
"     ( "
"      ( // condition for a programid match
"      OR "
"      (
"       ( // conditions for going on to string matching
"       AND "
"       ((( //check subtitles)) "
"       AND "
"       ((( // check descriptions ) "

In the "conditions for going on to string matching" we do not want
to go on if it is SH%0000. Therefore those clauses can be left out.
Only the checks for NULL or '' are needed. If either is blank then
string match.

Seems to do the right things for me so I checked it in.

--  bjm