[mythtv] [patch for testing] DVB No Signal

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sat May 8 17:46:02 EDT 2004

Hi!

I've been off the list for some time now, and some days ago I checked out a
fresh clean copy of CVS. I quickly found however, that it's behavior when
hitting a channel with no data was very annoying. Also the CVS version seems
to be always bordering on prebuffering pauses with the RingBuffer code in
there. I took the time to port my previous patch to current CVS, and I've
tested it for a couple of hours today.

Now, the patch itself is not clean, rather very ugly, but the behavior should
not be of the destructive kind. ie, mythtv will still record your shows as
before :) The problems I've found to exist, but not found the cause of yet,
exist within playback of livetv. I'll see about cleaning it up a bit in the
comming weeks, but I don't really feel a need to rush it.

As a default for this round of testing, I've disabled the ReadAhead buffer,
but it still is alive and functional. I feel that it gives a bit snappier
channel changes, and it does not cause any problems for me. Please report if
you get regular prebuffering pauses with this patch, and did not before.
Please also let me know if you got prebuffering pauses regulary before, and
they dissapeared after applying this patch.

Enjoy,
Kenneth