[mythtv] mailing list archive update

Alex Krohn alex at gossamer-threads.com
Thu May 6 19:24:05 EDT 2004

Hi,

We've finally gotten around to it and completely revamped the mailing
list archives. Searches on the old archive were really starting to slow
things down.

Almost all the old links should still work and take you to the same post
in the new archive, but for future reference, the new archives can be
found at:

    http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

Changes to the archives include:

* Vastly improved search - much faster, supports phrase ("), required (+),
negated (-), proximity phrases, sounds like (~) and more.

* Doesn't include mod_perl results by default any more.

* CVS commits mailing list is now archived.

* User login system to sign up and the archive will track which posts
are new, and which are read. You can also control display preferences
and receive nightly emailed digests.

* Color quoting, and auto linking of message bodies.

* Improved email obfuscation, we now obfuscate and encode emails
everywhere we can find them (including scanning the message bodies) to
prevent harvesters from getting at them.

and quite a bit more.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me off
list about them.

Cheers,

Alex
--