[mythtv] Menu/theme design question

Ed Benckert ed at ebonmists.com
Thu May 6 13:26:43 EDT 2004

Is it possible to link a menu item to another menu, and have that other menu
be in a different format?

I've been messing with the mainmenu file, and have successfully made an item
link to a new menu, and have created that new menu. Is it possible, and how
do you do it, to have that new menu have different images/icons/button
placement?

I'm trying to, without writing a plugin (since I've found no documentation
anywhere on how to actually write one) use the menu system to run some shell
scripts. I've gotten that to work with EXEC, but I'd like a different
background, different image placement, the buttons in a different place, etc.

Is this possible? Is there documentation somewhere?