[mythtv] [patch] fix small compile error in libmythtv

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Tue May 4 14:44:48 EDT 2004

Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> writes:

> mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I changed 'or' into ||, does 'or' even work for some people?? Or is
>> it a macro thing?
>>

> If I remember right "or" is valid c++, it's in the c++ standard.

Great.  But if I remember correctly, these readable mnemonics are for
platforms that don't have the other symbols.  This is not the case for
any system on which Myth is going to run in the near future.  I would
therefore argue that backward compatibility is way more important than
someone using "or" simply to be different.

Cheers,
Kyle