[mythtv] Proposed MythMusic Interface Improvements

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun May 2 10:07:46 EDT 2004

Tako Schotanus wrote:

> 1. Maybe because I don't have more buttons on my control?

Then use Chan up/down just like Tivo, Replay et al.

> 2. Maybe because even if I did have more buttons they would hardly be
> labelled PageUp/Down so other people would have to follow a course
> just to use MythTV

Well that's a given, but anyone who's familiar with other PVRs, or can
listen to you say "use chanup/down for page up/down" will grok it
immediately.

> 3. Maybe because I think MythTV should work well enough with just
> Up/Down/Left/Right/Select/Menu and Info buttons?

So the grid guide and ever other piece of UI should only use single
movement arrows keys, I've got several hundred channels available to me,
no thanks.

> Please THINK before shooting your mouth off and start assigning blame
> to people.

I wasn't shooting off at the mouth.  I was speaking from experience with
Myth and numerous other PVRs.    But you know what, you're right it's
stupid to have page up/down mapped to keys on a remote after all it MUCH
more efficient to use single arrows everywhere and then come bitch about
having to do so.