[mythtv] Proposed MythMusic Interface Improvements

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sun May 2 07:29:08 EDT 2004

Eric A. Litman wrote:

>Kevin Kuphal made this comment:
>

>>I think that Program Finder is one of the nicest UI pieces in MythTV and I
>>would love to see it utilized in more places.
>>

>Do others - particularly those with CVS write access - align with this?
>
>-Eric

Well personally I positively hate it and never use it at all because
selection is extremely slow if you don't have any page up/down mapped to
your remote. I always wished I could select more than one letter so I
could narrow down the list a lot more.

If I look at the TiVo screenshots though that have this on-screen
"keyboard" I think that would work extremely well and would make the
program finder a lot more useful.

But instead of making it part of the screen as TiVo has made it it might
be better to make it some kind of pop-up? Something that is part of any
text widget. (a bit like some current fields that use the "mobile phone
message input" system.) This would make myth a lot less dependent on the
keyboard anyway because I still have one close for all those moment
where a remote just isn't enough.

-Tako