[mythtv] Re: Mythtv HMC/Development 1 - Digital and High DefinitionTV

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Wed Mar 31 23:38:45 EST 2004

About "dvb bad/encrypted signal" problem, maybe we can get a completely
different approach.
After a small look to the code, I think to have understood that the backend
try to read from dvb card and get nothing. After 15 seconds of getting
nothing, it surrenders and display the "game over" log message and all
freezes up. A possibile solution can be to simulate the reception of a "BAD
/ ENCRYPTED SIGNAL" video screen, (tell me if I don't explain it well)
filling "buf" accordingly. It can be a simple "green" screen or a screen
with the message, depending how difficult is to provide a fake dvb stream of
data.

Leandro