[mythtv] in progress recordings and new scheduler

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 15:01:25 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 01:12:44PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > You're being bitten by the partial recording case I've mentioned a few
> > times.  "Forever Eden" doesn't have a subtitle so it fails the
> > duplicate episode check and is recorded.  "Raymond" has a subtitle and
> > matches an entry in the recorded table (the partial recording from
> > before the recoot) so it isn't recorded.  FWIW, the old scheduler
> > would have done this too.
>
> The old scheduler would have recorded it, since it'd see that the recording
> was supposed to be in progress, ask the encoder classes if it was, see that
> it wasn't, and then start it.  It would be really nice to keep that feature.

Are you sure about that?  For as long as I can remember, the duplicate
check has always been done very early int he scheduling process and
anything marked as a duplicate was never reconsidered.

For now, I'll try to make the duplicate check ignore oldrecorded and
recorded entries with future end times.  That should catch this
particular case.  FYI, it will be tomorrow before I can get to it in
case someone else wants to try.

David
--
David Engel