[mythtv] Another scheduler bug I think

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Thu Mar 11 11:03:50 EST 2004

DE> [Oscar, I'm including one of your private emails here since it's
DE> relevant and I don't think there was anything sensitive in it.  If you
DE> disagree, let me know and I won't do it again.]

No problem, that was probably just by mistake anyway..

>> In the current interface, the override page for "S" has only a
>> stopped message and an OK button. Maybe you could add a button
>> to do the magic of re-enabling the recording.

DE> That sounds good.  Unless something better is suggested, this is what
DE> I'll probably do.

Let  me  then  suggest  that  you  put  some  kind  of "warning" in the schedule
recording page to let the user know that this program _won't_ record even tho it
looks  like  that  in  there,  and where to ire-enable it. If i where to correct
something  like this as a user, I think i'd go to the scheduling page instead of
resolve conflicts.

DE> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 01:06:00PM +0100, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
>> Also remember that this applies to watching LiveTV and trying to
>> start a recording with R.  I would however just assume that if one
>> does go into the recording page or presses R, I do want to record it
>> and I don't care that it's

DE> The problem is that pressing 'R' doesn't really mean record this
DE> showing.  It just happens to have that side effect in many cases.
DE> What pressing 'R' really means is change the record type for this
DE> program to the next one.  For example, pressing 'R' on a program that
DE> is already marked as kSingleRecord but was disable, would actually
DE> change it to a kFindOneRecord.  I don't think thats what you want.

Didn't  know that. Then I've got a little suggestion for you Isaac: make r bring
up  the  pretty  OSD menu and let you choose what to do: All the normal rectypes
plus "Recorord this showing including the shit i've already seen" ;)

Just kidding, but making it a menu would probably be a good idea.

--
Best regards,
 Oscar                            mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se