[mythtv] Strange scheduler bug

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 10 23:14:42 EST 2004

Not quoting anything here since I'm behind in email, just replying to
say that if/when I get around to implementing this it will just
be a 2-state setting as I desribed earlier.  Either remove the
oldrecorded entry when auto-expiring a program or don't (the
default).  I don't know if I've ever had Myth auto-expire something
for me except for when I was writing and testing the auto-expire
code. :)  I use a combination of "delete" and "max episodes" to
make sure I don't get to the point where Myth is deleting stuff
I told it to record.  I think the "watched" flag might have some
potential in a multi-user environment, but since that's not coming
anytime soon I think it could be more of a hindrance than a help.

I've got enough fuzzy programming to do trying to get commercial
detection working good for every case anyway. :) Would be nice
if the stations/networks would cooperate with me and let me know
exactly when the commercials start/stop but they won't. :)

Chris