[mythtv] [patch] comboboxsetting causes segfault

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Tue Mar 9 22:35:55 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 04:08:20AM +0100, Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 March 2004 03:31, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:15:55AM +0100, Kenneth Aafl?y wrote:
> > > So all widgets should be aware of their higher level settings?
> >
> > No; they don't have to be, with signals and slots.  configWidget() would
> > connect the appropriate signals and slots, and that would be it.
>
> Guess i should not have read your statement litteraly, as it implies that the
> widget connects to a signal on the setting...

Correct.  The widget doesn't need to know what setting it is associated
with; the necessary data for the update can be passed along with the signal.
Look at how the help text works, and the various things connected to the
valueChanged signal.  There are no object references in there at all.

> I can't see where the filling of the widget is done. Are you sure that this
> feature exists, or do you assume that it does, because most settings get
> filled on db load, and not within the constructor?

settings.cpp, line 496, for example.

--
 - mdz