Update: [mythtv] Mythtv-0.14: videoout_xv.o compile error (help!)

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Mar 8 23:52:18 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 05:23, Jon Whitear wrote:
> Further research shows that glibc is complaining about some "inline defs".
>  I'm no coder (and I _am_ somewhat of a Linux noob), so I'm at a loss as
> to how to resolve this issue.
>
> I have tried emerging a 2.4 kernel (2.4.25-epia to be precise) and linking
> /usr/src/linux to that, but I still have the 2.6.1-epia include path there
> (because of the DVB drivers.)
>
> Apparently I should undef the inline defs (!) but I wouldn't know
> where/how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I've
> been trying to get this Myth box working for (many) weeks!

It has been mentioned before that you should not at all include the path of
the linux-2.6 kernel include tree, that is private to the kernel. Either copy
the files under include/linux/dvb to another directory structure with
linux/dvb in it, and point mythtv to that. Or download the latest linuxtv
driver package, and point mythtv to the include dir in there.

--

Kenneth
ke-aa at frisurf.no