[mythtv] Strange scheduler bug

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 14:59:30 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:06:41AM +0000, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, David Engel wrote:
> > question now is does anyone consider this a feature and want it left
> > unfixed?
>
> It'd be a nice feature iff:
>  - The partially recorded show is highlighted in the "Watch recordings"
> and "Delete recordings" so it's obvious it's only a partial recording
>  - The partial recording doesn't count as "previously recorded" so it gets
> rerecorded when it is repeated later in the schedule (it'd even be nice if
> it nukes the partial recording after doing the full version.

Partial recordings should probably be flagged in some way, but I have
other things to work on first.  So, I'm going to fix the bug this
evening.

> While we're on the subject, one thing I thought about recently is that
> it'd be nice to differentiate between auto-expired recordings and
> manually deleted recordings when deciding what was previously recorded -

Same here.  I've been meaning to look for myself (or be lazy and just
ask Chris) what, if anything, is done when a recording is
auto-expired.  Without having looked at any of the code, I think the
straight forward thing to do would be to not add an entry to
oldrecorded until the user explicitly deletes the recording.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net