[mythtv] Additional video out

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Mon Mar 8 03:05:06 EST 2004

Lo there,

I'm in a situation where my mythfrontend falls over when playing back or
watching tv from my nova-t dvb-t cards where a stream error occurs.
Whilst I'm quite glad the backend rarely falls over when this happens
(unless the channel cannot be locked) I've not had much joy in my
attempts at fixing this in the frontend.  Although as a workaround I use
xine to playback the nuv files without problem (well ok a few flashes on
the screen) but it survives.

I was wondering what would the be technical chalenges implementing a
xine-lib/mythtv video-out/audio-out module?.  I've had a look at some
existing videoout classes and they don't appear to be rocket science but
  I'm not sure from my code-surf how mythtv does its audio?

Apols if this is an entirely dim idea!

Regards
Simon

--
I remember when legal used to mean lawful, now it means some
kind of loophole.