[mythtv] Myth Backend Monitor

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Mar 4 19:33:41 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:39:17AM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 04 March 2004 02:08 am, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > The MPEG decoder should never crash. Strangely enough I have run
> > mythcommflag on the same recordings and it hasn't crashed, though I
> > assume the algorithm (and code) is identical.
>
> It is indeed indentical.
>
> If you can get a short example file that consistantly crashes, I should be
> able to fix it.  Otherwise, libavcodec isn't my code, and I don't have enough
> free time to be trying to fix heisenbugs in other people's projects =)

Can't disagree with that. I'll see if I can get a short recording.

Does mythbackend ever do the commercial flagging at a time other then
when a recording has just ended? ie can I have it reflag all the
recordings itself as mythcommflag would do? I haven't checked the code as
I'm at work at the moment.

Hamish