[mythtv] Myth Backend Monitor

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Thu Mar 4 14:34:08 EST 2004

Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> If you want a little more resilience on the decoder side you can get
> that with a tiny bit of flag twidling. In avformatdecoder there is a set
> of assignments in OpenFile, like this
>                 enc->error_resilience = 2;
>                 enc->workaround_bugs = FF_BUG_AUTODETECT;
>                 enc->error_concealment = 3;
>                 enc->idct_algo = 0;
>                 enc->debug = 0;
>                 enc->rate_emu = 0;
>
> Change them to
>
>                 enc->error_resilience  = FF_ER_VERY_AGGRESSIVE;
>                 enc->workaround_bugs   = FF_BUG_AUTODETECT;
>                 enc->error_concealment = FF_EC_GUESS_MVS|FF_EC_DEBLOCK;
>                 enc->idct_algo         = FF_IDCT_AUTO;
>                 enc->debug      = 0; // increase for more info
> 		enc->error_rate = 0; // increase to test resilience

[mega snip]

Thanks for that.. I gave it a go but alas I got artifacts on the bottom
line....So I think I'll stick with a sometimes unstable system.

Regards
Simon

--
Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two,
opulence is when you have three -- and paradise is when you have none.