[mythtv] Myth Backend Monitor

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Mar 4 02:08:26 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 04:36:04PM +1030, mian wrote:
> If you're getting too many of these with DVB-T you may want to try improve
> your reception if at all possible (quad-shielded RG-6 from DSE goes along
> way), with decent reception you should pretty much never get them except
> occasional glitches caused by fridges or air conditioners switching on/off
> and changing speeds, it seems to handle these ok for me just showing a
> visual glitch and sometimes audio squelch too but the only time it crashes
> is with extreme reception errors that must really corrupt the MPEG data to
> a state beyond recognition, but yeh it would be nice for the decoder to be
> able to handle *anything* thrown at it.

I have recently fixed some reception problems I was having such that I
can record whole programs without any uncorrected errors being logged.
However, sometimes the MPEG decoder messages and the crash still occur.

The MPEG decoder should never crash. Strangely enough I have run
mythcommflag on the same recordings and it hasn't crashed, though I
assume the algorithm (and code) is identical.

Hamish