[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 01:10:06 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:43:16PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> >What if the user wants to watch a channel that is only available on
> >another card?
>
> This implies two sourceids, right? Choosing to watch live TV
> from a specific source isn't currently supported so I assume
> that you are implying that you will be adding that =).

No.  But I thought I read saw a recent message where somebody added,
or at least proposed, the ability to change cards in live TV in the
same way you can change inputs.

> How do you know that?

I'm omniscient.  I thought you knew that! :)

> The scheduler has always taken several
> seconds (or more) to run when you have several things scheduled
> so it seems that this would slow things down a lot!

For most people, maybe everyone except you, I would hope the scheduler
only takes a fraction of a second.  If it doesn't for typical users,
I'd like to hear about it.

David
--
David Engel