[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Mar 3 15:12:07 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 02:43:21PM -0500, Keith Bonawitz wrote:

> > But why would you ever want to reconstruct a program that consists of only
> fragments?
>
> Suppose you were watching a baseball game, but during commercials you flip
> to MTV, watch a 3-minute music video, and then flip back to the baseball
> game.  Halfway through the game, you realize it's getting really good, and
> you wish you had recorded it for your friend to see.  Hit record, and wizzo!
> it gathers up all the fragments you've seen, stitches them together, and
> records the rest of the game for you.
>
> Perhaps it's a little contrived, but I came up with it pretty quickly; maybe
> others would have more convincing situations.

This wouldn't be as hard as all that; rather than storing fragments and
gathering them up, you'd just append to the existing buffer.  So there would
be one file for the game (corresponding to a program entry), and it might or
might not actually contain the complete program at any given time.

--
 - mdz