[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Mar 3 01:45:10 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:48:25AM +0100, Oscar Carlsson wrote:

> MZ> Alternatively, things could be improved such that the data in the ringbuffer
> MZ> isn't lost this way (either by allowing the user to finish watching, or
> MZ> converting it into a recording).  Folk seem to want this for other reasons
> MZ> anyway.
>
> As discussed before, having each channel switch and each new program that starts
> begin a "new" recording (new file) would probably be the best solution. This way
> you'd  be  able  to have channel "history", beeing able to easily save stuff you
> already  watched  and  so on.. Same way as the ringbuffer size, these recordings
> would  have  a  seperate  dir with a maxsize where it starts deleting the oldest
> stuff..
>
> Would be great :)

I suppose you could make live TV work more like recordings, using files in
the recording directory (and even entries in the recorded table), only being
a bit more aggressive about deleting them.

But this is all rather academic for me, since I only use the live TV feature
to test display and compression settings.

--
 - mdz