[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 22:45:40 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 09:13:12PM +0100, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
> DE> (*)How long should this time be, 30 min., 1 hour, 2 hours, forever?
>
> Wouldn't it be possible to call a reschedule whenever you leave
> LiveTV?

Well, yes.  I figured that was obvious.  I thinking more of what to
show if soneone else looks at the schedule on another frontend or
mythweb.  The easy thing would be to treat any card being used for
live TV as totally unavailable just like a card on an off-line
backend.  The difference between live TV and an off-line backend is
that the card isn't totally unavailable, it could be used if really
needed with the user's permission, and it will likely be fully
available in the near future.

> There's also the issue with using PiP.. What happens if you
> have the PiP in use when a recording is supposed to start for
> instance? Haven't tried it..

I haven't tried it either.

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:44:03PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> the schedule for the sake of live TV is backwards. Instead, the
> card selection (when starting live TV) should choose a card that
> won't be needed in the next two hours. If all have upcoming showing

What if the user wants to watch a channel that is only available on
another card?

> This approach would avoid having to run the scheduler each time
> someone enters or exits live TV. It would also honor scheduling

Running the scheduler a few extra times shouldn't really hurt
anything.  It's already run unnecessarily and no one has complained
too loughly.

David
--
David Engel