[mythtv] Slow MythMusic (and likely other slow list building) problem solved

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Tue Mar 2 15:26:13 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 03:09:07PM -0500, Ed Benckert wrote:

> >With a modified CVS tree, just do 'cvs -z3 diff -ud > blah.diff'
>
> Ok, I cant find anywhere on the website that tells me how to get the cvs of
> mythtv or mythmusic. I also dont know how or where to submit the patch I
> made to... so... I have a patch file I made by diff'ing my changes against
> the standard mythmusic 0.14 source tree.
>
> It's at:
> http://www.ebonmists.com/mythmusic-0.14-fixed_loadtime.patch
>
> Feel free to apply it yerselves, and if I figure out (or someone tells me
> how to) I'll send the patch up to where it needs to 'offically' be.

Well, patches get sent to this list.

As far as CVS goes, took me all of 30 seconds to find (I've never looked
before)

Documentation
Downloading and Compiling
There we are

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-5.html

Or, copied from that page...

$ mkdir mythtv
$ cd mythtv
$ cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs login
Logging in to :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
CVS password: mythtv
$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout mythtv

NOTE: You may get an error about cvs not finding a .cvspass file the very
first time you run it. This is normal. The other MythTV modules may be
downloaded from CVS the same way; replace "mythtv" with "mythweather",
"mythgallery", "mythmusic", etc.

Jeff