[mythtv] Re: Next Scheduler Patch

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 22:22:54 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 04:49:29PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> >Seriously, the scheduler remembers that the program shouldn't be
> >recorded so it doesn't keep interrupting your live TV session
> >everytime something causes a reschedule.  If you can come up with some
> >good heuristics for when to "forget to remember to not record" a
> >program, I'll try to put them in.
>
> Is the recordid still in the proginfo at this point? If so,
> maybe if the recordid doesn't match it should go ahead and
> record. That might be a problem if there is an rsOverlap tho.

Yes, the recordid is known.  Yes, rsOverlap could be a problem, as
could any kind of recurring recording.

> In general, I think a single record for a show in progress
> should take precedence over the post-record states for stopped
> or deleted.

The main problem is that the frontend doesn't talk directly to the
scheduler in the master backend about these things.  Instead,
everything goes through the database.  Consequently, the scheduler
can't tell the difference between the user wanting to uncancel a
recording and any other event which could cause a recshedule.

What I think we would probably need as a start is a new protocol
message to tell the master server to uncancel a recording.  There
would still be issues with recurring recordings.  For example, the
scheduler might have already decided on a later showing.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net