[mythtv] MythVideo + removable media question

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Jun 29 14:20:39 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 1:03 pm, Jukka Tastula wrote:
> That's for mythgallery only though. And I didn't really like that approach
> either so I just wrote a couple of scripts that mv or cp the images out of
> the digital camera mounted by (again) automount using the same symlink
> trick. This way I get to easily look at the pictures in the camera without
> first importing them and if the camera isn't connected the mount dir won't
> be visible in the gallery at all.

will give it a shot when i get home tonite ... dunno who's in charge of docs,
but it may be a good idea to put something like this in the MythVideo section
under "Tips and Tricks" or something ... just a tho'

> Big deal? Perhaps not. I wouldn't know really, but judging by the amount of
> posts the issue seems to be generating it's really not that simple either
> :)

well, they're getting much more advanced than i was initially thinking ... def
interested to see where it ends up, tho'

> Anyway, my point really is that the automount trick works right now (over
> the network too, which happens to be the way I use it) with any version of
> mythtv and for any plugin/module, not in some far-in-the-future cvs.

:) thanks for the tip

> And as a bonus you get to skip all the drive door locking problems etc.

except for some reason xine likes to keep my dvds locked for me :S  but that's
for a completely different list ;)

> Automount is your friend, trust automount!

actually never have messed with it mostly because all my important drives were
mounted at boot and i did the rest manually ... but for an htpc that method
is definitely not optimal ... will take a look at manpages/docs and give it a
shot :)

-g-