[mythtv] Re: (Hauppauge DVB-s Nova / Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s) patch

Jörg Bakker joerg at hakker.de
Mon Jun 28 17:40:28 EDT 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 22:34, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2004 21:37, Jörg Bakker wrote:
> > > What equipment do you have connected to your Nexus-S?
> > >
> > > Also what if you put a return true; in the start of DiseqcReset, with
> > > my patch?
> >
> > Sat-equipment:
> > 2 cascaded Kathrein multiswitches (EXR 904 and EXR 994) with 2 LNBs
> > (Kathrein UAS 484) connected. For receivers can be connected to each of
> > the two multiswitches (only two of the total eight are for me ... :-)
> >
> :)
>
> The diseqc specs say that cascaded switches might need repetition of the
> signalling, to reach the outer switch(es). You might try diseqc_type == 3,
> which repeats the signalling twice, diseqc_type == 2 only sends once. Also
> I have attached a patch with a missing piece from the szap code, this was
> not included by Christian in his patch. Not sure if it's correct, but if
> you could mess around with it if it's not working it'll be great. Try
> swapping around MINI_A and MINI_B first.
>
> > Unfortunately, the changes you suggested (see complete patch below, if I
> > got them right) didn't made a change.
> >
> > Just on a side-note: diseqc_type is 0 in my configuration. If you want me
> > to test any further, please go ahead...
>
> They where meant to be tested with diseqc_type == 2, if you didn't change
> that the patch(es) would not have even been in the execution path. Could
> you please test that again, if the suggestions above won't work?
>
> Kenneth

O.k., stupid me, ..., changed diseqc_type to 2 and tried the last patch again,
no success.

Next tries with diseqc_type == 3:
diseqc_type == 3 with last patch again
diseqc_type == 3 with MINI_A and return true; in DiseqcReset()
diseqc_type == 3 with unmodified CVS version
diseqc_type == 3, original CVS patched with your new patch

... no changes.

O.k., trying the version from Christian, again, to see if it works. Argh, it
doesn't. Reverting to diseqc_type == 0, it works, again. diseqc_type == 2,
nope.

So, does it make sense to try the last modifications I did with diseqc_type ==
3 again with diseqc_type == 0, are they in the execution path? Somewhat
confused ... any ideas?

Sorry, but can't continue before Wednesday.

Joerg